How EURACAN helps health professionals
Managing your patients
The Clinical Patient Management System (CPMS) is a secure web-based platform provided by the European Commission and operating across national borders to support all European Reference Networks (ERNs) in the diagnosis and treatment of rare or low prevalence complex diseases or conditions.
How does it work?
- EURACAN experts are registered on the CPMS platform according to their specialty in rare adult solid cancers (e.g. sarcoma, neuroendocrine tumours, etc)
- The CPMS is only accessible to healthcare professionals based in the European Union (EU) or in the European Economic Area (EEA)
- Patient consent is mandatory in order for their data to be entered on the CPMS platform. The patient consent form is available in all European languages via the CPMS.
- With their patient’s consent and in accordance with the rules of their national health system, healthcare professionals in EU or EEA countries can enter their patients’ data and refer that patient to the relevant EURACAN expert to get a second opinion on their diagnosis and on the patient’s treatment options.
- Second opinions and treatment suggestions are given through the CPMS platform only.
- The CPMS allows a patient’s clinical data (i.e. medical imaging, virtual slides, etc) to be shared securely and in line with all personal data security regulations.